Today is a super tiring day. I got to walk here and there around Central Singapore. Hmm, lets be chronological.

Walking Tour-Kampong Glam
Because of SSD2213 (Singapore Urban History and Architecture -- SS module that I took in this special term) I have to go to Kampong Glam to join its walking tour. I left at 12 something and it was raining! I'd been alrd wet at that time coz I don't have any umbrella (never bought any in Singapore). Ignoring my condition, I took a bus (forget which number) to Harbourfront then later took MRT. After alighting at Lavender MRT I got to walk to our promised place which is The Kallang Riverside Public Toilet! *the hell. The problem is, that time it was raining quite hard and I have no umbrella with me! Even I don't know the exact location coz I'd never been there before! OK, that one was the worst. So I had to walk under the rain (not under the sun) for about like 500-900m before I reached the place. And the raining hadn't stopped yet until 2pm.

In the wet condition and all holding umbrella, we started the walking tour. Start at so called the "coast" of the past (but because of the reclamation it's not longer a coast) we walked all the way to Fatimah Mosque. This mosque (explained by the lecturer) is built under various style of architecture from all over the world. The "kubah" is of course from arabic tradition. The Gate is from Javanese culture. Something under Kubah is like Hindu temple. And some parts of the mosque is like church (coz the architect who designed it is also the one who designed St.Andrew church) and Buddish temple (the lecturer mentioned sth like circle but I forgot what it is).


After that we walked through the street which in the past used to be the earliest and biggest market in Singapore. The shops there mostly not maintained by the URA (Urban Redevelopment Agency or sth like that) and then transformed to the clumsy HDB area. We go through Arab Street then reach the central of the Mandala (Mandala is like # where the central being an empty place, it symbolized the central of the universe coz exactly located between sea and mountain, and between sunset and sunrise.) Near there there's Sultan palace that unexpectedly had been renovated and relocated so that it's not in the same shape as the original one.

Then we go through more shops till we reached Sultan mosque. This mosque is great and one of the Malay site maintained by Singapore Heritage Board. There are many shops near there that sell batik and art craft. The final destination of today's walking tour is the Moslem and Royal Cemetery. Then we are dismissed.



In between
After the walking tour, I walked to the busstop quite far from Royal Cemetery and take a bus (also dunno which number, but surely heading to Fullerton area, 197?). I just take any bus randomly and also alight at a bustop near Raffles museum by mistake. Coz it's just 4pm, I was still relaxed knowing that I wouldn't be late for my doctor appointment. Waiting for bus no.167 to come (I wanna go Orchard to take the nearest MRT to Novena), I read "The Singapore Walking Tour" which purposely I borrowed from cenlib the day before. My bus came and I alighted at opposite MRT station (at the back of ISetan), take MRT to Novena.

I was so hungry when I reached Novena. I hadn't eaten anything since the morning so I decided to buy 2 doughnuts. After that I was searching for the location of National Skin Centre. It's quite painful coz I had walked for 2 hours full for the walking tour, and walk from this bustop to that bustops repeatedly. Finally, after wandering round Novena Square, I went back to the MRT Station and took an exit at Thomson Road to take Bus no.21, directly to NSC.



National Skin Centre
I have to admit that Singapore is so sophisticated. After making an appointment to see Dr.Tan a week before via internet, I came to Clinic B which has been allocated for me. Then at EXACTLY at the appointment time which is 17.50, I entered the doctor room. Dr.Tan wasn't doing anything, he just typing on his computer and questioning me a few question. After just around 5mnts, he told me to leave. That's it! The consultation only take 5mnts for $76!! That one is the dull one, the sophisticated thing come after this.

To take the medicine at the pharmacy at level 1, all you have to do is to scan the barcode in your appointment card and waiting to be called, that's it. No prescription needed, all have been transferred from Dr.Tn computer to the pharmacy. Wow, great system. So I just have to wait to be called then later take my medicine. It's quite expensive but I think it worths a try. Hmm, unique experience to come to the doctor in Singapore. Very different from Indonesia although Indonesia doctors are more friendly I think.


This entry was posted on 6:08 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: